If you use our Sites and Services, we collect various types of data from you. In some instances, the data will be considered “Personally Identifiable Information,” “Personal Information” or “Personal Data” under applicable laws. Generally, this type of data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. This Policy describes how and why we collect information, and provides an overview of your choices and privacy rights relating to our collection, use and sharing of your data.
Categories of Information We Collect
When we interact with you, we may collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information from you.
A. Information you provide:
- Contact information (name, company name, customer number, title, mailing address, telephone number, electronic mail address)
- Order information
- Shipping information
- Return information
- Inquiry Information
- Warranty registration information
- Support information
- Payment information, including payment card information
- Purchase order
- Order history
- Communications to and from you through the Site and/or Services
- Your login information (if applicable)
- Any other information you provide to us.
B. Information we collect as you navigate our sites. We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information through your use of the Sites and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We collect information such as which of the pages on the Sites you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Sites.
- Technical Information. We collect technical information about your connection to our Site, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions.
- Device Information. We collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Sites via a browser on your mobile device, we collect and aggregate information about whether you are accessing the Sites via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier.
- Location Information. We collect location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Sites and Services to your individual needs;
- Advertise new content, events and services that relate to your interests;
- Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
- Recognize when you return to the Sites.
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
Why We Collect and How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Sites, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
- Allow you to participate in features we offer on the Sites and Services
- Process your account registration
- Review your job application
- Email you information
- Contact you regarding our products, services or promotions that we feel may be of interest to you
- Communicate with you about our Sites or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Sites or Services
- Provide support
- Tailor our content, advertisements and offers
- Maintain and improve our Sites and Services
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others
- Determine your location and manage digital content rights
- Efficiently maintain our business
- Comply with applicable law.
Information We Share With Third Parties
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
With service providers. We may share information with service providers who:
- perform data services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.)
- process payments on our behalf
- to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content on our behalf
- provide other services on our behalf
To ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share your Personally Identifiable Information with to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is treated by those service providers in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable laws on data security and privacy. For example, we use cloud data storage; payroll processors; accounting software; payment processors; marketing service providers.
Other. We also may share information in the following instances:
- We may share your information with one of our dealers if you have expressed interest in a particular product or service
- We may share information with other person or entity if you have consented to the disclosure.
To meet our legal requirements or exercise our rights. We may share information with third parties in the following instances:
- When we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information
- We may share information with other persons or entities as part of our own corporate transactions, such as during financing of our business, or any business or asset sale or merger.
Third Party Content and Advertising Services
We may engage or work with other third parties to serve advertisements or other analytics on our Sites or Services.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Sites do not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Choices About Your Personally Identifiable Information
Review and request changes to your personally identifiable information
If you have an account with us, you may use your account to access, correct, or view certain Personally Identifiable Information we have collected and which is associated with your account. Alternatively, to review or request changes to any of your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from emails from us, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You also may submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.